Lindela Mjenxane founded BEEP in 2005 with a mission to expose many children and youth to one of the Seven Wonders of the World. BEEP felt that it was important that young people from poor communities visit this Iconic Mountain with an aim to combat Nature-Deficit Disorder whilst confronting Social ills whilst educating the young minds on Environmental Issues.
BEEP envision to be the National Young Green Voices for Change.
Our mission is to inspire and empower youth to actively build communities that are healthy, nurturing environments in which nature and its resources are used intelligently and respectfully for the benefit of all.
- Foster public access to the natural environment.
- Educate youth about conservation, climate change, and global warming.
- Educate youth to participate in anti-pollution and recycling initiatives.
- Improve the nutrition and food security of urban communities.
- Develop programmes that contribute to the alleviation of poverty.
- Empower youth with Leadership and life skills.